[Xrdp-devel] xrdp wm

roberto-7
I'm just wondering if it is possible to use the xrdp internal
window manager rather then gnome, kde or whatever:
I only just need to launch a single application so it must really be as
simple as possible.

Thanks,
Roberto

Re: [Xrdp-devel] xrdp wm

Norman Rasmussen
what about one of these: http://xwinman.org/others.php

blackbox/openbox are very slim,
ratpoison/wmii are even more slim

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 8:12 PM, roberto <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm just wondering if it is possible to use the xrdp internal
> window manager rather then gnome, kde or whatever:
> I only just need to launch a single application so it must really be as
> simple as possible.
>
> Thanks,
> Roberto

- Norman Rasmussen
 - Email: [hidden email]
 - Home page: http://norman.rasmussen.co.za/

Re: [Xrdp-devel] xrdp wm

Robert Seward-2
On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 1:12 PM, roberto <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm just wondering if it is possible to use the xrdp internal
> window manager rather then gnome, kde or whatever:
> I only just need to launch a single application so it must really be as
> simple as possible.

I had a similar need (I start firefox), and I used lwm.  This is as
bare bones a window manager as you get - you can move and close the
window, but that is it.  You can't start a new window, it has no menu
or task bar - bare bones.

Attached is my startwm.sh file that I use to start things.  A lot of
it is copied from the X start up, which I needed to get firefox
running.

Robert

startup.sh (5K) Download Attachment