[Xrdp-devel] xrdp version problem

李毅为
Hello, All:

I'm seeing the newest version of xrdp is 0.6.1 in www.xrdp.org. But on GitHub the newest version is 0.8.0, and I'm wondering if there is some difference on these version and which version should I choose? And is the version 0.9.0 is under development?

Thanks.

Re: [Xrdp-devel] xrdp version problem

Koichiro IWAO
Hello,

> I'm seeing the newest version of xrdp is 0.6.1 in www.xrdp.org [1].
> But on GitHub the newest version is 0.8.0, and I'm wondering if there
> is some difference on these version and which version should I choose?

If you don't have special reason that you must use 0.6.1, 0.8.0 is
recommended.
There's lots of changes and improvements between these versions and I
don't
understand everything. I think big topic is TLS support. Security is one
(big for some people) reason to quit using 0.6.1.

Remote Desktop Protocol used in 0.6.1 encrypts data by RC4 cipher [1].
RFC 7465 [2] is proposed to prohibit RC4 cipher. Microsoft recommends
not
to use RC4 [3].

[1] https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa383015(v=vs.85).aspx
[2] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7465
[3]
http://blogs.technet.com/b/srd/archive/2013/11/12/security-advisory-2868725-recommendation-to-disable-rc4.aspx

> And is the version 0.9.0 is under development?

Yes.

--
The "xrdp" Users' Group Japan <https://xrdp.vmeta.jp/>
Koichiro IWAO <[hidden email]>