[Xrdp-devel] xrdp and broken 'p' key

Mark Lehrer
We're preparing to roll out rdesktop instead of VNC in one of our labs, and
there is just one show stopping issue: all of the keys seem to work except
for the lower case 'p'.

It isn't a problem with VNC or ssh.  I am using el6 and xfce4.

Any idea where to start debugging this problem?  I guess I'll try loading
the normal gnome session and see if it happens there too.

Thanks,
Mark

Re: [Xrdp-devel] xrdp and broken 'p' key

Mark Lehrer
> all of the keys seem
> to work except for the lower case 'p'.

Note that during the login process, this key works fine, so it must be some
sort of conflict between xfce4 and xrdp.

Thanks,
Mark

Re: [Xrdp-devel] xrdp and broken 'p' key

Mark Lehrer
On Mon, 26 Jan 2015 13:41:27 -0700
  "Mark Lehrer" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> all of the keys seem
>> to work except for the lower case 'p'.

It was due to the "Super" key shortcuts.  I set them to "empty" in the xfce4
config and now the p and tab keys work.

Maybe the rdesktop protocol is simply incompatible with the Super key, or is
there a better workaround?

Mark