[Xrdp-devel] rdpScreenInit g_malloc failed error when running X11rdp

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Xrdp-devel] rdpScreenInit g_malloc failed error when running X11rdp

Silvio Di Stefano
Hi,
I'm getting a rdpScreenInit g_malloc failed error when running X11rdp.
I'm testing with Ubuntu (tried 9.10 and 10.4) and this happens both
when I compile the software myself and when I use the compiled
versions found on the web.
I'm running it on VMWare to test (32-bit arch); xrdp works fine when
paired with the VNC server, but scrolling feels too laggy.
This my last chance at getting my company to run Linux... so
desperately looking for help!

Many thanks,
Silvio Di Stefano

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by Sprint
What will you do first with EVO, the first 4G phone?
Visit sprint.com/first -- http://p.sf.net/sfu/sprint-com-first
_______________________________________________
xrdp-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/xrdp-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Xrdp-devel] rdpScreenInit g_malloc failed error when running X11rdp

jsorg71
> I'm getting a rdpScreenInit g_malloc failed error when running X11rdp.
> I'm testing with Ubuntu (tried 9.10 and 10.4) and this happens both
> when I compile the software myself and when I use the compiled
> versions found on the web.
> I'm running it on VMWare to test (32-bit arch); xrdp works fine when
> paired with the VNC server, but scrolling feels too laggy.
> This my last chance at getting my company to run Linux... so
> desperately looking for help!

Hi Silvio,

Since you can build X11rdp.
You are building it from the subversion script, right?

Can you print the size in g_malloc that failes.
Also, try changing to use malloc always, not just when _XSERVER64 is defined.
That is, Xalloc might be the problem.

Jay

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by Sprint
What will you do first with EVO, the first 4G phone?
Visit sprint.com/first -- http://p.sf.net/sfu/sprint-com-first
_______________________________________________
xrdp-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/xrdp-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Xrdp-devel] rdpScreenInit g_malloc failed error when running X11rdp

Silvio Di Stefano
hi Jay,
I'm on holidays now and I won't have access to that computer until
next Wednesday. I will come back to you then with this information.

Many thanks,
Silvio Di Stefano



On 6 July 2010 14:20, Jay Sorg <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> I'm getting a rdpScreenInit g_malloc failed error when running X11rdp.
>> I'm testing with Ubuntu (tried 9.10 and 10.4) and this happens both
>> when I compile the software myself and when I use the compiled
>> versions found on the web.
>> I'm running it on VMWare to test (32-bit arch); xrdp works fine when
>> paired with the VNC server, but scrolling feels too laggy.
>> This my last chance at getting my company to run Linux... so
>> desperately looking for help!
>
> Hi Silvio,
>
> Since you can build X11rdp.
> You are building it from the subversion script, right?
>
> Can you print the size in g_malloc that failes.
> Also, try changing to use malloc always, not just when _XSERVER64 is defined.
> That is, Xalloc might be the problem.
>
> Jay
>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by Sprint
What will you do first with EVO, the first 4G phone?
Visit sprint.com/first -- http://p.sf.net/sfu/sprint-com-first
_______________________________________________
xrdp-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/xrdp-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Xrdp-devel] rdpScreenInit g_malloc failed error when running X11rdp

Silvio Di Stefano
hi Jay,
I am building from the subversion script, yes. I'm not  a C coder ; I
don't know how to tell the size that is failing (the error message
doesn't seem to give this information) but I'll be glad to make the
changes to the source code if you could tell me in which file (and
preferably which line) I should make such changes.

Many thanks,
Silvio Di Stefano


> On 6 July 2010 14:20, Jay Sorg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I'm getting a rdpScreenInit g_malloc failed error when running X11rdp.
>>> I'm testing with Ubuntu (tried 9.10 and 10.4) and this happens both
>>> when I compile the software myself and when I use the compiled
>>> versions found on the web.
>>> I'm running it on VMWare to test (32-bit arch); xrdp works fine when
>>> paired with the VNC server, but scrolling feels too laggy.
>>> This my last chance at getting my company to run Linux... so
>>> desperately looking for help!
>>
>> Hi Silvio,
>>
>> Since you can build X11rdp.
>> You are building it from the subversion script, right?
>>
>> Can you print the size in g_malloc that failes.
>> Also, try changing to use malloc always, not just when _XSERVER64 is defined.
>> That is, Xalloc might be the problem.
>>
>> Jay
>>
>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by Sprint
What will you do first with EVO, the first 4G phone?
Visit sprint.com/first -- http://p.sf.net/sfu/sprint-com-first
_______________________________________________
xrdp-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/xrdp-devel