[Xrdp-devel] license terms and user rights- XRDP 0.6.1

[Xrdp-devel] license terms and user rights- XRDP 0.6.1

Bruno Fonseca

Dear Sirs,

We are a software reseller and we have some customers that are using your software title XRDP 0.6.1 in a commercial environment. We need to confirm what license terms and user rights  are applicable to that specific software title when used on a production environment. May you please send us a copy of the license agreement/service agreement/ user license agreement of XRDP 0.6.1

If you need additional info. Please contact us. We need this info ASAP. Can you please help on this?

Many thanks,

cid:image001.png@01CEB06E.9C0EF480

BRUNO FONSECA ITEN Solutions

cid:image002.png@01CE950A.48E4D150

cid:image012.jpg@01CEB074.277ECF40

[hidden email]

cid:image003.png@01CE950A.48E4D150

cid:image006.png@01CEB06E.9C0EF480

cid:image005.png@01CE950A.48E4D150

cid:image006.png@01CE950A.48E4D150

(+351) 96 447 28 72

Re: [Xrdp-devel] license terms and user rights- XRDP 0.6.1

Kevin Cave
Bruno,

I'm not an xrdp developer as such (though I have contributed a very small patch), but I believe the information you require is already present within the source code directory. You need to look at the file called COPYING - that's basically the license that v0.6 is released under.

A direct link to the license is here : https://github.com/neutrinolabs/xrdp/blob/v0.6/COPYING

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kevin Cave. (Author of X11rdp-o-Matic)
http://scarygliders.net

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 4:04 PM, Bruno Fonseca <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

cid:image008.png@01CE950A.48E4D150

Re: [Xrdp-devel] license terms and user rights- XRDP 0.6.1

0.6.x is released under the GPL 2.0.
I personally don't can what you do with xrdp.  Use it in commercial production product or not.

0.8.x on is released under the Apache 2.0 license so might what to upgrade if you feel uncomfortable with the GPL.
0.8 is near release.

Jay