[Xrdp-devel] how to use other Desktops then GNOME

[Xrdp-devel] how to use other Desktops then GNOME

Muhammad Sharfuddin
Hello,

xrdp 0.6 installed on openSUSE 13.1. LXDE(light weight desktop environment) and GNOME Desktops are installed too.

when a user connects the server(xrdp) via Windows machines(mstsc.exe) they always get the GNOME Desktop rather LXDE.

Please help, how can we configure the xrdp server to provide the LXDE rather GNOME Desktop.

--
Regards

Muhammad Sharfuddin
Cell: +92-3332144823 | UAN: +92(21) 111-111-142 ext: 113 | NDS.COM.PK

Re: [Xrdp-devel] how to use other Desktops then GNOME

Gabor Boros
2014.06.23. 16:13 keltezéssel, Muhammad Sharfuddin írta:

> Hello,
>
> xrdp 0.6 installed on openSUSE 13.1. LXDE(light weight desktop
> environment) and GNOME Desktops are installed too.
>
> when a user connects the server(xrdp) via Windows machines(mstsc.exe)
> they always get the GNOME Desktop rather LXDE.
>
> Please help, how can we configure the xrdp server to provide the LXDE
> rather GNOME Desktop.

Hi,

I not have openSUSE to try it but on Ubuntu an .xsession file needed in
the user's directory. Create the file if not exist with "echo startlxde
 > ~/.xsession" . Works for me with LXDE on Ubuntu 14.04.

Gabor

On 25/06/14 00:27, Gabor Boros wrote:
2014.06.23. 16:13 keltezéssel, Muhammad Sharfuddin írta:
Hello,

xrdp 0.6 installed on openSUSE 13.1. LXDE(light weight desktop
environment) and GNOME Desktops are installed too.

when a user connects the server(xrdp) via Windows machines(mstsc.exe)
they always get the GNOME Desktop rather LXDE.

Please help, how can we configure the xrdp server to provide the LXDE
rather GNOME Desktop.

Hi,

I not have openSUSE to try it but on Ubuntu an .xsession file needed in the user's directory. Create the file if not exist with "echo startlxde > ~/.xsession" . Works for me with LXDE on Ubuntu 14.04.

Gabor

Thanks Gabor,

"echo startlxde > ~/.xsession" works for me too on openSUSE 13.1 ;-). Thanks a lot.
Also I found the following article on this at http://scarygliders.net/2012/05/26/xrdp-authentication-with-active-directory/

Regards,

Muhammad Sharfuddin

Re: [Xrdp-devel] how to use other Desktops then GNOME

jsorg71
Hi Muhammad,

You can edit the /etc/xrdp/startwm.sh to run whatever you like.

Jay