[Xrdp-devel] audio redirection

jsorg71
I pushed in the audio work.  It uses the pulse audio simple API to
capture the desktop audio.
In the future, I'd like to create an actual pulse xrdp sink.  I think
that is a more professional approach but definitively more difficult
to build.

Anyway, some people have tested it and think it's good enough for
others to start playing with.
It's off by default, turn it on with --enable-simplesound in configure.

Re: [Xrdp-devel] audio redirection

Gustavo Homem
Hello,

Wonderful. Which server and client environment did you test this with?

Cheers
Gustavo

A Sexta, 25 de Maio de 2012 20:42:35 Jay Sorg você escreveu:

> I pushed in the audio work.  It uses the pulse audio simple API to
> capture the desktop audio.
> In the future, I'd like to create an actual pulse xrdp sink.  I think
> that is a more professional approach but definitively more difficult
> to build.
>
> Anyway, some people have tested it and think it's good enough for
> others to start playing with.
> It's off by default, turn it on with --enable-simplesound in configure.
>
> Jay

Angulo Sólido - Tecnologias de Informação
http://angulosolido.pt

Re: [Xrdp-devel] audio redirection

Oren Held
Hi,

I got to test xrdp server with the following clients:
* Windows' mstsc (XP/2003 and 7)
* RHEL6's default rdesktop ('-r sound' flag)
* xfreerdp (latest git snapshot)

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 06:25:37PM +0100, Gustavo Homem wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Wonderful. Which server and client environment did you test this with?
>
> Cheers
> Gustavo
>
> A Sexta, 25 de Maio de 2012 20:42:35 Jay Sorg você escreveu:
> > I pushed in the audio work.  It uses the pulse audio simple API to
> > capture the desktop audio.
> > In the future, I'd like to create an actual pulse xrdp sink.  I think
> > that is a more professional approach but definitively more difficult
> > to build.
> >
> > Anyway, some people have tested it and think it's good enough for
> > others to start playing with.
> > It's off by default, turn it on with --enable-simplesound in configure.
> >
> > Jay

> Angulo Sólido - Tecnologias de Informação
> http://angulosolido.pt

Re: [Xrdp-devel] audio redirection

jsorg71
> I got to test xrdp server with the following clients:
> * Windows' mstsc (XP/2003 and 7)
> * RHEL6's default rdesktop ('-r sound' flag)
> * xfreerdp (latest git snapshot)

It should work with mstsc and freerdp.  Even rdesktop I think.
You should run a desktop manager that starts pluseaudio like gnome or kde.
I'm not sure but I don't think xrdp starts pulseaudio on its own.

Another note, don't start xrdp and connect to the same machine as the
same user and test sound.  It will appear to work but the apps are
just using the same pulseaudio server.  Even if you connect as a
different user, that user might have access to the real sound card and
use that.  Should connect from another machine.