[Xrdp-devel] XRDP without any desktop manager

[Xrdp-devel] XRDP without any desktop manager

Edouard Gaulué
Hi community,

Sorry to disturb the devel list while I just have configuration trouble.
I try to set xrdp just to forward a Firefox/Iceweasel window + sound to
clients.

As far as I understand, XRDP is a kind of proxy between RDP request and
protocol and VNC + pulse on the server.

But, is VNC needed in this case? Could Firefox/Iceweasel replace sesman?

How to configure keyboard if no true X session is start on server?

What about pulseaudio? I've compiled pulse-xrdp-sink for my distribution
(ie. debian wheey). Will this configuration be multi-user?

Have tests already been done using matchbox has a minimal window manager?

What would be the easiest/best configuration?

Any links to a documentation page or piece of informations to help would
be welcome.

Best regards, EG

Re: [Xrdp-devel] XRDP without any desktop manager

Edouard Gaulué
I answer myself for a part of it:

Le 17/11/2014 13:11, Edouard Gaulué a écrit :
> But, is VNC needed in this case? Could Firefox/Iceweasel replace sesman?
In fact what your looking for is maybe x11rdp but it's not compiled
anymore on debian. You should really use vnc because it's simple and it
won't create a huge overload.

> How to configure keyboard if no true X session is start on server?
I don't know how keyboard is dealt by xrdp but it works. Anyway,
keyboard is dealt before X session is started.

> Have tests already been done using matchbox has a minimal window manager?
Yes, just put this in your ~/.xsession (install matchbox first) :
matchbox-window-manager &
iceweasel

Regards, EG

Re: [Xrdp-devel] XRDP without any desktop manager

Koichiro IWAO
> Hi community,
>
> Sorry to disturb the devel list while I just have configuration
> trouble.
> I try to set xrdp just to forward a Firefox/Iceweasel window + sound to
> clients.

What you want to do is called RAIL stands for remote applications
integrated locally.

> As far as I understand, XRDP is a kind of proxy between RDP request and
> protocol and VNC + pulse on the server.

Yes and no.  xrdp formerly uses VNC for X server but now have its own X
server called x11rdp.

> But, is VNC needed in this case? Could Firefox/Iceweasel replace
> sesman?

No. x11rdp is required to use RAIL. You can NOT use VNC in such case.

> How to configure keyboard if no true X session is start on server?
>
> What about pulseaudio? I've compiled pulse-xrdp-sink for my
> distribution
> (ie. debian wheey). Will this configuration be multi-user?

Yes, audio redirection are independent and separated between each users.

> Have tests already been done using matchbox has a minimal window
> manager?
>
> What would be the easiest/best configuration?
>
> Any links to a documentation page or piece of informations to help
> would
> be welcome.

If you want to get just one window, following document will help you.
https://github.com/freerdp/freerdp/wiki/RemoteApp

> Best regards, EG

> from Actuate! Instantly Supercharge Your Business Reports and
> Dashboards
> with Interactivity, Sharing, Native Excel Exports, App Integration &
> more
> Get technology previously reserved for billion-dollar corporations,
> FREE

Rgds,

--
`whois vmeta.jp | nkf -w`