[Xrdp-devel] XRDP PCSC support status?

Abraham Macías Paredes

Hi everybody,

I’m checking XRDP v0.8 branch and I would like to know in what status is the PCSC support. Is it stable? Or is this a Work In Progress

version?

Also I’d like to know what other features includes this version. At first sight I can see a “vrplayer” directory that says to be “A QT based media player that runs on a RDP server and redirects audio/video to the client where it is decoded and rendered locally”. What RDP client may I use to see this audio/video feature? Where can I obtain more info about how is this feature implemented? (XRDP virtual channels and used protocol)

Thank you very much!

Abraham Macías Paredes

Programmer

Re: [Xrdp-devel] XRDP PCSC support status?

jsorg71

Hi Abraham,

I’m checking XRDP v0.8 branch and I would like to know in what status is the PCSC support. Is it stable? Or is this a Work In Progress

version?

Good question.  I need to create a wiki for this.
I know there are some users using PCSC support in xrdp in production.  It's quite stable but you need to replace a library in libpcsclite.  The ultimate goal is to make libpcsclite xrdp aware so we don't need to do this.

Also I’d like to know what other features includes this version. At first sight I can see a “vrplayer” directory that says to be “A QT based media player that runs on a RDP server and redirects audio/video to the client where it is decoded and rendered locally”. What RDP client may I use to see this audio/video feature? Where can I obtain more info about how is this feature implemented? (XRDP virtual channels and used protocol)

Thanks for asking about vrplayer.  I need to create a wiki about this too.
It's one of my favorite xrdp hacks.  We were able to run 10+ xrdp session with < 5% cpu per session when running full screen video.  Really cool, even better than codec mode.
vrplayer is a quick hack similar to MS tsmf for Media Player video redirection.
It only works with NeutinoRDP client as you need the "xrdpvr" channel plugin.
The long term plan here is to change to using the MS channel "tsmf" and move vrplayer into VLC or some common player.
Consider vrplayer more of an experiment.  A successful one that needs more spotlight.

Re: [Xrdp-devel] XRDP PCSC support status?

Abraham Macías Paredes

Thank you Jay, this sounds fantastic.

Thank you very much and keep up the good work!

Abraham Macías Paredes

Analista Programador

Departamento de Desarrollo y Soluciones

[hidden email]

Ir a la Web de Solutia

Solutia Innovaworld Technologies S.L.
Parque empresarial Los Llanos
C/ Extremadura, 108 - 41909 - Salteras (Sevilla)
T: +34 955 11 11 55
F: +34 954 37 11 42
www.solutia-it.es