[Xrdp-devel] XFCE not exiting cleanly

Dominik George
Hi,

we are providing a remote desktop using Xrdp on Debian sid, and the sessions
runs XFCE.

When logging out in XFCE, the session is not cleanly exited. Processes still
stick around after logging out, sometimes only one or two, sometimes more, but
that keeps Xvnc from exiting, slowly eating up the Xrdp session limit.

That does not happen when logging in through lightdm locally.

How do I find out what is wrong when the session isrunning in Xrdp?

-nik

--
Dominik George (Vorstandsvorsitzender)
Teckids e.V. - Erkunden, Entdecken, Erfinden.

Re: [Xrdp-devel] XFCE not exiting cleanly

Gustavo Homem
Hi,

Practice has shown us that we always need a wrapper script for the window manager. In our case we use a wrapper startkde.

Things that don't happen with lightdm and happen with XRDP may be not more than race conditions exposed by a situation that is not deeply tested by distributions.

In the end of the wrapper script you can kill the processes which you know are prone to not dying.

cheers
Gutavo

--
Angulo Sólido - Tecnologias de Informação
http://angulosolido.pt