[Xrdp-devel] X11RDP-o-Matic update to devel branch

[Xrdp-devel] X11RDP-o-Matic update to devel branch

Kevin Cave
I've emailed Jay separately on this, but decided to announce it here as well.

I have just pushed through changes to the devel branch of o-matic, on Github.

Here's the Changelog:

Added installation of the lsb_release package if not installed,
this is for distributions like Raspbian on the Raspberry Pi.

Added -dev packages needed for Raspbian-like distros.

O-matic should now work on Raspberry Pi and similar devices.

Removed repeated ARCH detection. (DRY principle).

Updated some option descriptions for added clarity.

Changed package destination directory from "Xorg" to "x11rdp".

Renamed "postinst" to "x11rdp_postinst".

Added pre and post inst scripts for xrdp package creation.

Xrdp package creation is now accomplished via dpkg-buildpackage,
instead of checkinstall - this means the generated xrdp package now
has pre/post inst scripts. B)

This also means the xrdp services will be started or stopped via
dpkg when installing, removing, or upgrading the packages. B)
TODO
----
In the spirit of DRY, refactor repetitive operations so both
interactive & non-interactive modes can re-use common operations.
.
Need to add option selection menus to Interactive mode.

--------------

So the generated xrdp-<version> packages now have suitable pre and post inst scripts as desired.

I've tested this on my Debian Sid workstation, with the xrdp master, v0.8, and v0.7 branches, and
it seems happy enough on those.

I'd appreciate feedback on the o-matic devel version (3.11) before I push it to my master branch.

You can obtain the devel branch by using the following;

git clone -b devel [hidden email]:scarygliders/X11RDP-o-Matic.git

Best regards,

Kevin.

Re: [Xrdp-devel] X11RDP-o-Matic update to devel branch

Gabor Boros

2014.06.10. 18:16 keltezéssel, Kevin Cave írta:

> I'd appreciate feedback on the o-matic *devel* version (3.11) before I
> push it to my master branch.

Hi,

Tried with Ubuntu 14.04.

git clone -b devel https://github.com/scarygliders/X11RDP-o-Matic

sudo ./X11RDP-o-Matic.sh --justdoit

Got error but after installed dh-make package works like a charm.

Thenk You!

Gabor

Re: [Xrdp-devel] X11RDP-o-Matic update to devel branch

Gabor Boros
2014.06.10. 18:16 keltezéssel, Kevin Cave írta:

> I'd appreciate feedback on the o-matic *devel* version (3.11) before I
> push it to my master branch.

Hi,

Tried with Ubuntu 14.04.

git clone -b devel https://github.com/scarygliders/X11RDP-o-Matic

sudo ./X11RDP-o-Matic.sh --justdoit

Got error but after installed dh-make package works like a charm.

Thank You!

Gabor

2014.06.14. 10:52 keltezéssel, Kevin Cave írta:
> Hi Gabor and thanks for the feedback.
>
> What error did you get?
>
> Otherwise, I'm glad this is working for people other than just myself ;)
>
> Regards
>
> Kevin.

config.status: creating xrdpapi/Makefile
config.status: creating xrdpvr/Makefile
config.status: creating config_ac.h
config.status: executing libtool commands
./X11rdp-o-matic.sh: line 468: dh_make: command not found
./X11rdp-o-matic.sh: line 471: cd: debian: No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove '*.ex': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove '*.EX': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove 'README.Debian': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove 'README.source': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '../COPYING': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '../readme.txt': No such file or directory
Preparation complete. Building and packaging xrdp...
dpkg-buildpackage: warning: using a gain-root-command while being root
tail: cannot open 'debian/changelog' for reading: No such file or directory
dpkg-buildpackage: error: tail of debian/changelog gave error exit status 1
mv: cannot stat 'xrdp*.deb': No such file or directory
./X11rdp-o-matic.sh: line 986: /etc/init.d/xrdp: No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing archive
/home/guser/1/X11RDP-o-Matic/packages/Xorg/*.deb (--install):
  cannot access archive: No such file or directory
  /home/guser/1/X11RDP-o-Matic/packages/Xorg/*.deb
dpkg: error processing archive
/home/guser/1/X11RDP-o-Matic/packages/xrdp/xrdp*.deb (--install):
  cannot access archive: No such file or directory
  /home/guser/1/X11RDP-o-Matic/packages/xrdp/xrdp*.deb
X11rdp and xrdp should now be fully installed, configured, and running
on this system.
One last thing to do now is to configure which desktop will be presented
to the user after they log in via RDP.
You may not have to do this - test by logging into xrdp now.
Or use the RDPsesconfig.sh utility to configure a session's desktop.

Gabor

Re: [Xrdp-devel] X11RDP-o-Matic update to devel branch

Kevin Cave
Gabor,

Thanks for the feedback. I've added the dh-make package to the devel branch - silly me, I forgot to add that in as my workstation already had it - no wonder it worked fine for me :P

Regards

Kevin.

On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 6:29 AM, Gabor Boros <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'd appreciate feedback on the o-matic *devel* version (3.11) before I
> push it to my master branch.

Hi,

Tried with Ubuntu 14.04.

git clone -b devel https://github.com/scarygliders/X11RDP-o-Matic

sudo ./X11RDP-o-Matic.sh --justdoit

Got error but after installed dh-make package works like a charm.

Thenk You!

Gabor

Re: [Xrdp-devel] X11RDP-o-Matic update to devel branch

Lars Riisgaard Ribe
Hi Kevin
Tests on an Ubuntu 12.04:
As suggested by other mails, the package dh-make should be in the dependency chain somewhere.
dh_make complains as the option --yes is not found on dh_make in Ubuntu 12.04. This apparently have to be replaced with

yes | dh_make --native --single

if Ubuntu 12.04 has to be supported.

Best,

Lars

On 10/06/2014, at 09.16, Kevin Cave <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 9:02 AM, Gustavo Homem <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Kevin,

Re: [Xrdp-devel] X11RDP-o-Matic update to devel branch

Kevin Cave
Hi Lars,

I included that in a commit I made 3 days ago ;)

It's always a good idea to pull the constantly-changing devel branch on a regular basis - also, having a look at the commits to that branch on github is always useful, I've found ;)

Best regards

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 7:23 PM, Lars Riisgaard Ribe <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Great!
And sorry about the double posting - I thought I would compile version .07, .08 and .09 and report any errors when done (btw: it is a BAD idea to try to compile multiple versions at the same time because they all use /opt/xrdp which some strange errors :-) )

Now, when I try to install the .07 version, I get an error:

root@hyades03:~/X11RDP-o-Matic# dpkg -i packages/xrdp/xrdp_0.7.0_amd64.deb
Selecting previously unselected package xrdp.
(Reading database ... 200293 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking xrdp (from .../xrdp/xrdp_0.7.0_amd64.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing packages/xrdp/xrdp_0.7.0_amd64.deb (--install):
 trying to overwrite '/usr/share/info/libffi.info.gz', which is also in package libffi-dev 3.0.11~rc1-5
dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Processing triggers for install-info ...

On 19/06/2014, at 01.36, Kevin Cave <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Just tested with the non-devel-version of o-matic and .07 and that worked fine.

root@hyades03:~/X11RDP-o-Matic# dpkg -i packages/xrdp/xrdp_0.7.0-1_amd64.deb
(Reading database ... 187081 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking xrdp (from .../xrdp/xrdp_0.7.0-1_amd64.deb) ...
Setting up xrdp (0.7.0-1) ...
Processing triggers for man-db …

The problem is now, that /etc/init.d/xrdp is not created :-(

Best,

Lars

On 19/06/2014, at 11.57, Lars Riisgaard Ribe <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Lars,

Installing Ubuntu 12.04 in a VM now to test o-matic devel, I'll get back to you.

Rgds

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 8:39 PM, Lars Riisgaard Ribe <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I have incorporated your patch to buildx.sh for v0.7, in o-matic devel - thanks for that. Testing now on an Ubuntu 12.04 LTS VM - it's gotten past the Mesa download (on file 57 of 102 as I type this).

I'll let you know how the created packages fair.

Regards

Kevin Cave

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 8:51 PM, Kevin Cave <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thanks for a fast reply!
I have just tried building v.08 on my machine with the devel version of o-matic, and here I also got the problem with overwriting libffi-dev when installing. I will see if I can test it on another machine.

Best,

Lars

On 19/06/2014, at 14.53, Kevin Cave <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Lars, that's really weird - I don't encounter that on my Debian systems/test VM's - Ubuntu should work the same (famous last words).

Compilation on this 12.04 LTS vm is almost done, STDBY...

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 10:59 PM, Lars Riisgaard Ribe <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I think it is because I have libffi-dev installed. I just tried uninstalling it and am currently compiling again (stupidly enough, I deleted the packages I compiled a couple of hours ago).
I’ll let you know how it goes.

Best,

Lars

On 19/06/2014, at 15.03, Kevin Cave <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Lars, the compilation of v0.7 branch of xrdp completed on the Ubuntu 12.04 LTS VM.

Yep - for whatever reason, a /usr/share/info/libffi.info.gz file is included within the resultant xrdp .deb file.

The package did install though on my VM - that's because I don't have libffi-dev installed on it - and looking at the list of files included in the 0.9.0+master package installed on my main Debian workstation, there isn't such a file in that.

Anyway - if you uninstall libffi-dev from your system, then there won't be a conflict any more. I'm wondering if the reason you have libffi-dev installed on your 12.04 system is perhaps because you've been building other sources that require it?

Rgds

Kevin Cave

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 11:03 PM, Kevin Cave <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Lol I just sent you a reply to that effect ;)