[Xrdp-devel] X11RDP-RH-Matic v1.0.0 has been released

[Xrdp-devel] X11RDP-RH-Matic v1.0.0 has been released

Koichiro IWAO
Hi,

X11RDP-RH-Matic now supports the build of x11rdp and xorg driver.
I'm pleased to announce the first release of X11RDP-RH-Matic,
the xrdp build/install helper tool for Red Hat based distributions.
Pull requests are very welcome. Please help X11RDP-RH-Matic get
improved.

Session configuration tool like X11RDP-o-Matic's RDPsesconfig.sh is not
available currently. I'm going to add it in later versions.

Please see my github repository.
https://github.com/metalefty/X11RDP-RH-Matic

`whois vmeta.jp | nkf -w`
meta <[hidden email]>

Re: [Xrdp-devel] X11RDP-RH-Matic v1.0.0 has been released

jsorg71
Wow, that is great!
I'll give it a try this week.

BTW, the Xorg driver and X11rdp are meant to be mutually exclusive.
The Xorg driver is designed to replace the big ugly built procedure
for X11rdp and use the Xorg on your system.

Jay

On Sun, Jun 1, 2014 at 10:14 AM, Koichiro IWAO <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> X11RDP-RH-Matic now supports the build of x11rdp and xorg driver.
> I'm pleased to announce the first release of X11RDP-RH-Matic,
> the xrdp build/install helper tool for Red Hat based distributions.
> Pull requests are very welcome. Please help X11RDP-RH-Matic get
> improved.
>
> Session configuration tool like X11RDP-o-Matic's RDPsesconfig.sh is not
> available currently. I'm going to add it in later versions.
>
> Please see my github repository.
> https://github.com/metalefty/X11RDP-RH-Matic
>
> Thanks,
> --
> `whois vmeta.jp | nkf -w`
> meta <[hidden email]>

Re: [Xrdp-devel] X11RDP-RH-Matic v1.0.0 has been released

Kevin Cave
Koichiro,

Great work :)

Jay, looking forward to the day the Xorg driver is included as standard in the full Xorg distribution.

Regards,

Kevin.

On Sun, Jun 01, 2014 at 11:58:55AM -0700, Jay Sorg wrote:
> BTW, the Xorg driver and X11rdp are meant to be mutually exclusive.
> The Xorg driver is designed to replace the big ugly built procedure
> for X11rdp and use the Xorg on your system.

Yes, I mentioned about that in README.md.  However, on Red Hat clones,
we need to edit PAM configuration manually to start X with non superuser.
I'm going to somehow integrate PAM configuration and then xorg driver
mode will work very easily.

> Jay
>

> On Sun, Jun 1, 2014 at 10:14 AM, Koichiro IWAO <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > X11RDP-RH-Matic now supports the build of x11rdp and xorg driver.
> > I'm pleased to announce the first release of X11RDP-RH-Matic,
> > the xrdp build/install helper tool for Red Hat based distributions.
> > Pull requests are very welcome. Please help X11RDP-RH-Matic get
> > improved.
> >
> > Session configuration tool like X11RDP-o-Matic's RDPsesconfig.sh is not
> > available currently. I'm going to add it in later versions.
> >
> > Please see my github repository.
> > https://github.com/metalefty/X11RDP-RH-Matic
> >
> > Thanks,
> > --
> > `whois vmeta.jp | nkf -w`
> > meta <[hidden email]>

`whois vmeta.jp | nkf -w`
meta <[hidden email]>

Re: [Xrdp-devel] X11RDP-RH-Matic v1.0.0 has been released

speidy

Thanks for your help!
I'll try that on CentOs box tomorrow , and update then.

Re: [Xrdp-devel] X11RDP-RH-Matic v1.0.0 has been released

camerajunkie
This post was updated on .
Koichiro IWAO wrote
Hi,

X11RDP-RH-Matic now supports the build of x11rdp and xorg driver.
I'm pleased to announce the first release of X11RDP-RH-Matic,
the xrdp build/install helper tool for Red Hat based distributions.
Pull requests are very welcome. Please help X11RDP-RH-Matic get
improved.

Session configuration tool like X11RDP-o-Matic's RDPsesconfig.sh is not
available currently. I'm going to add it in later versions.

Please see my github repository.
https://github.com/metalefty/X11RDP-RH-Matic

Thanks,
Thanks Koichiro!

I wonder if this can be easily ported to SuSE/openSuSE distros. I'll take a peek tomorrow. I tried porting
Kevin's script to SuSE/openSuSE awhile ago, don't remember how far I got.

Regards,
Eben