[Xrdp-devel] Vnc display zero?

Christopher Jacoby

Hello.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I have a very old industrial control system that requires remote x11 users to be using display zero, and only zero. We're in the process of upgrading to a newer version of the application that doesn't have this problem, but that is a years-long effort.

Is there any way to get xrdp to start the vnc session as display zero? I have played around with setting the offset to zero, which does not seem to work. I know that I can set display to zero with native Xvnc, but I have a genuine need to run it behind rdp (lengthy regulatory compliance reasons).

Thoughts?

Thank you,
Chris Jacoby

Re: [Xrdp-devel] Vnc display zero?

Denis Cardon
Hi Christopher,

> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> I have a very old industrial control system that requires remote x11
> users to be using display zero, and only zero. We're in the process of
> upgrading to a newer version of the application that doesn't have this
> problem, but that is a years-long effort.
>
> Is there any way to get xrdp to start the vnc session as display zero? I
> have played around with setting the offset to zero, which does not seem
> to work. I know that I can set display to zero with native Xvnc, but I
> have a genuine need to run it behind rdp (lengthy regulatory compliance
> reasons).

you should try to use x11vnc, it can plug into the local X11 desktop and
remote :0 throught VNC. Then you can use xrdp vnc plugin to send it back
through rdp.

Cheers,

Denis Cardon

> Thoughts?