[Xrdp-devel] THXs and a question

Peter Konzeck
Hello,

first let me say a big thank you for your work. I use xrdp at school and
it works fine on Xubuntu 14.04 LTS.

There is one thing I do not get to work: I want to see the actual
desktop when I log in. What I get is always a clean, new dektop. Is
there a command that makes this trick?

THX for your time and help.

Peter

Re: [Xrdp-devel] THXs and a question

A. James Lewis

Hi peter,

What it looks like you are asking for is precisely what I was discussing
in the recent thread titled " reconneting vs new session ", please
review the response to this thread because I have been able to achieve a
"disconnect safe" terminal server exactly as planned...

Have a read of that thread, and let me know how you get on.

James

On 04/06/15 07:17, Peter Konzeck wrote:

> Hello,
>
> first let me say a big thank you for your work. I use xrdp at school and
> it works fine on Xubuntu 14.04 LTS.
>
> There is one thing I do not get to work: I want to see the actual
> desktop when I log in. What I get is always a clean, new dektop. Is
> there a command that makes this trick?
>
> THX for your time and help.
>
> Peter

Re: [Xrdp-devel] THXs and a question

> first let me say a big thank you for your work. I use xrdp at school and
> it works fine on Xubuntu 14.04 LTS.
>
> There is one thing I do not get to work: I want to see the actual
> desktop when I log in. What I get is always a clean, new dektop. Is
> there a command that makes this trick?

This is not supported with xrdp currently.  The local session is using
a different Xorg then the xrdp session.
I hope to address this when we switch to the driver model.

One thing you can do in the meantime is use the "vnc-any" proxy and
connect to something like X11vnc.