[Xrdp-devel] Ready to submit for merge: audio output, audio input, file system redirection, and partially working dynamic virtual channels

[Xrdp-devel] Ready to submit for merge: audio output, audio input, file system redirection, and partially working dynamic virtual channels

Ryan Rafferty
Dear Team,

I have written functional modules for the following features in my local branch of the xrdp source code (available at http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ryanaxp/posixrdp/devel/files):

* file system redirection,
* audio output,
* dynamic virtual channels, and
* audio input (relies on dynamic virtual channels).

I apologize for the request, but because my free time will soon be significantly reduced, I would be grateful if you would consider beginning the process to review my code and inform me of any necessary changes to have these features merged into the main CVS repository on SourceForge.

As it stands now, there is significant room for improvement and optimization (as well as plain ol' ugly code) in these modules, nonetheless, they do provide working sound and filesystem redirection to users on Posix-like operating systems.  Unfortunately, my code does break portability to Windows because it relies on UNIXish features in several locations. This might be remedied in the short term by munging the autoconf scripts not to compile these modules when building for Windows.

Also, I note that the audio input and output modules add a dependency on PulseAudio, and audio input adds a dependency on libgsm (to provide GSM 6.11 codec functionality).

Additionally, I have spent a large amount of time attempting to add serial port and parallel port redirection via a Linux kernel module that cooperates with the xrdp daemon.  Regrettably, my efforts have been frustrated by the arcane nature of the Linux TTY subsystem (specifically, my module always causes kernel OOPSes despite numerous rewrites and refactorings).  I have decided to abandon the kernel module approach and switch to a pseudo-tty or named pipe for simulating a serial port (similar to netcat or socat), but this will take several weeks to complete.

I look forward to receiving your feedback.  If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me.

With best regards,
Ryan Rafferty

Re: [Xrdp-devel] Ready to submit for merge: audio output, audio input, file system redirection, and partially working dynamic virtual channels

jsorg71
Great, I'll start looking through it.

Re: [Xrdp-devel] Ready to submit for merge: audio output, audio input, file system redirection , and partially working dynamic virtual channels

joerg hanke
hi all,

Am Monday, 24. May 2010 02:34:20 schrieb Ryan Rafferty:
> Dear Team,
>
> I have written functional modules for the following features in my local
> branch of the xrdp source code (available at
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ryanaxp/posixrdp/devel/files):

> I look forward to receiving your feedback.  If you have any questions or
> comments, please feel free to contact me.

i tried and got ryan's code compiled after changing two types :
declaration of ‘rdpfs_parse_path’ in rdpfs.c (chansrv)
is of type int and definition is type ptrdiff_t
same applies to drdynvc.c
declaration of ‘release_channel_id’ is of type int and
definition is type ptrdiff_t
so i changed the definitions and declarations
but the resulting code in both cases crashed after succsessful login
after creating the Xsession with leaving the chansrv defunct.

with regards
joerg

ps:
tested with suse11.2 and ubuntu10.04 running on phaenom

[Xrdp-devel] Fwd: Ready to submit for merge: audio output, audio input, file system redirection, and partially working dynamic virtual channels

Ryan Rafferty

Thank you for your report, and I apologize for being slow to respond.  I'll try to fix these declaration mismatches this weekend.

May I ask whether you're running Xrdp or Xvnc as your X server? Also, which version of libfuse is on your system (if different from the versions included with suse or ubuntu)?

With best regards,
Ryan