[Xrdp-devel] Please more information about module-xrdp-sink

[Xrdp-devel] Please more information about module-xrdp-sink

Edouard Gaulué
Dear community,

I've compiled module-xrdp-sink following this link :
http://www.xrdp.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=19:xrdp-pulse-sink&catid=2:documents&Itemid=7

I work under debian wheezy. Compilation has been all right.

I use xrdp package 0.5.0-2. On wheezy pulseaudio is compiled vith
version 2.0.

My pacmd list says my module is well loaded but I get no sounds on clients.

Few questions :
  * is there any version condition to get it works?
  * how pulseaudio should be installed? System or user?
  * if I have simultaneous users will they all get their own sounds only?
  * is there a list of known clients to work with sound?

Thanks for answers, Edouard

Re: [Xrdp-devel] Please more information about module-xrdp-sink

Edouard Gaulué
Le 18/11/2014 14:36, Edouard Gaulué a écrit :

> Dear community,
>
> I've compiled module-xrdp-sink following this link :
> http://www.xrdp.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=19:xrdp-pulse-sink&catid=2:documents&Itemid=7
>
> I work under debian wheezy. Compilation has been all right.
>
> I use xrdp package 0.5.0-2. On wheezy pulseaudio is compiled vith
> version 2.0.
>
> My pacmd list says my module is well loaded but I get no sounds on clients.
>
> Few questions :
>    * is there any version condition to get it works?
>    * how pulseaudio should be installed? System or user?
>    * if I have simultaneous users will they all get their own sounds only?
>    * is there a list of known clients to work with sound?
>
> Thanks for answers, Edouard

Well looking at the code I've seen nothing regarding pulseaudio in the
debian wheezy sources (0.5.0) so I decided to look in the jessy sources
(aka. xrdp 6.1.2), but there was nothing too. So I decided to compile
xrdp from the git master sources.

As I'm a silly and lazy admin, I like Debian because it's rather stable
and good. So I tried to stick as much as possible to the distribution.
At the beginning, I tried to just replace the xrdp-chansrv executable of
the distribution by the one I had just compiled but it didn't work. It
would have been nice if it could have worked and I don't know how far
debian source patches have been back include in the xrdp dev branch.

At last, I finish to "make install". Then after tweeking few things it
works as expected using the VNC way. xrdp is run as root (it was xrdp
before) and you have to deal yourself with the control scripts.

I still don't understand how "libxup" works and what it needs (X11rdp?).
If it needs something nowadays then what? Xorg? Which settings?

Globaly, xrdp is promising but it's so hard to find documentation...

Regards, Edouard

Re: [Xrdp-devel] Please more information about module-xrdp-sink

Emmanuel Blindauer
Le 19/11/2014 22:44, Edouard Gaulué a écrit :
> Well looking at the code I've seen nothing regarding pulseaudio in the
> debian wheezy sources (0.5.0) so I decided to look in the jessy sources
> (aka. xrdp 6.1.2), but there was nothing too. So I decided to compile
> xrdp from the git master sources.
>
> As I'm a silly and lazy admin, I like Debian because it's rather stable
> and good. So I tried to stick as much as possible to the distribution.

for getting deb packages, you can look at http://scarygliders.net/ which
will build packages for you
0.5 is very old, I recommand you getting 0.8 from github

Emmanuel