[Xrdp-devel] Monitoring XRDP

Murtaza Munaim
  Hey guys. So I am trying to configure xrdp to be monitored by some
program to make sure if it goes down, something will bring it back up.
I am currently using god's monitoring service to monitor my other
services, and would like to have xrdp be monitored by god as well.
However, when I set up a watch like this:

God.watch do |w|
   w.name = "xrdp"
   w.interval = 5.seconds
   w.start = "/etc/init.d/xrdp start"
   w.stop = "/etc/init.d/xrdp stop"
   w.restart = "/etc/init.d/xrdp restart"
   #w.pid_file = "/var/run/xrdp/xrdp.pid"
   #w.behavior(:clean_pid_file)
   w.pids = ["/var/run/xrdp/xrdp.pid", "/var/run/xrdp/sesman.pid"]
   w.behavior(:clean_pids)
   w.start_if do |start|
     start.condition(:process_running) do |c|
       c.running = false
     end
   end
end

it runs xrdp 10-12 times over and over again. I am not sure if this is a
pure god problem or an xrdp problem. Has anyone had this sort
of problem? Thanks

Re: [Xrdp-devel] Monitoring XRDP

Itamar Reis Peixoto
On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 5:34 PM, Murtaza Munaim <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  Hey guys. So I am trying to configure xrdp to be monitored by some
> program to make sure if it goes down, something will bring it back up.
> I am currently using god's monitoring service to monitor my other
> services, and would like to have xrdp be monitored by god as well.
> However, when I set up a watch like this:
>
> God.watch do |w|
>   w.name = "xrdp"
>   w.interval = 5.seconds
>   w.start = "/etc/init.d/xrdp start"
>   w.stop = "/etc/init.d/xrdp stop"
>   w.restart = "/etc/init.d/xrdp restart"
>   #w.pid_file = "/var/run/xrdp/xrdp.pid"
>   #w.behavior(:clean_pid_file)
>   w.pids = ["/var/run/xrdp/xrdp.pid", "/var/run/xrdp/sesman.pid"]
>   w.behavior(:clean_pids)
>   w.start_if do |start|
>     start.condition(:process_running) do |c|
>       c.running = false
>     end
>   end
> end
>
> it runs xrdp 10-12 times over and over again. I am not sure if this is a
> pure god problem or an xrdp problem. Has anyone had this sort
> of problem? Thanks

don`t use this, if xrdp crashes, please report a bug.

--
------------

Itamar Reis Peixoto

Re: [Xrdp-devel] Monitoring XRDP

Murtaza Munaim
  What do you suggest to monitor xrdp and sesman?

-Murtaza

On 07/27/2010 07:12 PM, Itamar Reis Peixoto wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 5:34 PM, Murtaza Munaim<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>   Hey guys. So I am trying to configure xrdp to be monitored by some
>> program to make sure if it goes down, something will bring it back up.
>> I am currently using god's monitoring service to monitor my other
>> services, and would like to have xrdp be monitored by god as well.
>> However, when I set up a watch like this:
>>
>> God.watch do |w|
>>    w.name = "xrdp"
>>    w.interval = 5.seconds
>>    w.start = "/etc/init.d/xrdp start"
>>    w.stop = "/etc/init.d/xrdp stop"
>>    w.restart = "/etc/init.d/xrdp restart"
>>    #w.pid_file = "/var/run/xrdp/xrdp.pid"
>>    #w.behavior(:clean_pid_file)
>>    w.pids = ["/var/run/xrdp/xrdp.pid", "/var/run/xrdp/sesman.pid"]
>>    w.behavior(:clean_pids)
>>    w.start_if do |start|
>>      start.condition(:process_running) do |c|
>>        c.running = false
>>      end
>>    end
>> end
>>
>> it runs xrdp 10-12 times over and over again. I am not sure if this is a
>> pure god problem or an xrdp problem. Has anyone had this sort
>> of problem? Thanks
>>

> don`t use this, if xrdp crashes, please report a bug.

Re: [Xrdp-devel] Monitoring XRDP

Nicola Ruggero
2010/7/28 Murtaza Munaim <[hidden email]>:
>  What do you suggest to monitor xrdp and sesman?
>
> -Murtaza

I use a little watchdog like this:

#!/bin/sh
if [ -z "$1" ]; then
   echo "Parameter missing, aborting..."
   exit 1
fi
ulimit -c unlimited
while true
   do
       rm -f /var/run/xrdp.pid
       $1 -nodaemon >> /dev/null 2>&1
       echo "+++++ XRDP CRASH OCCURRED $(date +%F-%H:%M:%S[%N]) +++++" >>
/var/log/xrdp-sesman.log
   done

where $1 is the fullpath of xrdp... like /usr/local/sbin/xrdp.

Every time xrdp got crashed it will automatically be restarted.

 2010/7/28 Itamar Reis Peixoto <[hidden email]>:

> don`t use this, if xrdp crashes, please report a bug.

 Please activate also the dump file on crash so you can do a full
 backtrace *after* crashes.