[Xrdp-devel] How to enable Network Level Authentication in xrdp

[Xrdp-devel] How to enable Network Level Authentication in xrdp

McAskill, Scott

A Nessus scan of some Linux systems within the organization I work for that use xrdp came up with findings stating that “Terminal Services Doesn’t Use Network Level Authentication (NLA)”. The solution for this is to “Enable Use Network Level Authentication (NLA) on the remote RDP server”. However the recommended solution is specific to Windows systems not Linux. Any ideas how to enable NLA in xrdp on these systems?

Scott McAskill
Senior Systems Analyst
CSC
Contractor to ORD

27 Tarzwell Drive, Narragansett, RI 02882
NPS  | o: 401-782-3152 | f: 401-782-3030 | [hidden email] | www.csc.com

Re: [Xrdp-devel] How to enable Network Level Authentication in xrdp

jsorg71
> A Nessus scan of some Linux systems within the organization I work for that
> use xrdp came up with findings stating that “Terminal Services Doesn’t Use
> Network Level Authentication (NLA)”. The solution for this is to “Enable Use
> Network Level Authentication (NLA) on the remote RDP server”. However the
> recommended solution is specific to Windows systems not Linux. Any ideas how
> to enable NLA in xrdp on these systems?

I'm working on TLS and NLA now.  It's won't be in xrdp until version 1.0.
TLS is quite easy to implement but NLA will take a bit more work.

Re: [Xrdp-devel] How to enable Network Level Authentication in xrdp

bhnguyen
Hi, I was wondering if network level authentication is still not available yet for xrdp?  It doesn't look like version 1.0 is out yet but I just wanted to check.  Thanks!

Re: [Xrdp-devel] How to enable Network Level Authentication in xrdp

speidy
NLA is not implemented yet in xrdp.

On Sat, May 2, 2015 at 1:41 AM, bhnguyen [via XRDP Devel] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, I was wondering if network level authentication is still not available yet for xrdp?  It doesn't look like version 1.0 is out yet but I just wanted to check.  Thanks!

http://xrdp-devel.766250.n3.nabble.com/Xrdp-devel-How-to-enable-Network-Level-Authentication-in-xrdp-tp4025516p4025790.html
To start a new topic under XRDP Devel, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from XRDP Devel, click here.
NAML

--
Idan Freiberg
Mobile: +972-52-2925213