[Xrdp-devel] Disabling the MIT-SHM extension for X11rdp

[Xrdp-devel] Disabling the MIT-SHM extension for X11rdp

Koehler, Thomas
Hello,

I try to disable the use of the MIT-SHM extension by X11rdp to fix some problems with empty QT-frames in root-mode under Debian Wheezy.

I've created the file /etc/X11/xorg.conf and added the following:

Section "Extensions"
        Option "MIT-SHM" "Disable"
EndSection

After a reboot the MIT-SHM extension is disabled in Xorg (verified via 'xdpyinfo') and the problem with the empty frames is fixed.

But if I open a remote session via sesman-X11rdp to the machine the problem still exists and even 'xdpyinfo' shows that the MIT-SHM extension isn't disabled.
It seems to me that X11rdp doesn't use my xorg.conf.

Is that true and how can I disable the MIT-SHM extension?

Thanks in advance

Thomas

Rovema GmbH
Industriestr. 1, 35463 Fernwald, Germany
Geschäftsführung: Dipl.-Ing. / MBA Thomas Becker
Handelsreg.-Eintrag: Amtsger. Gießen, HRB 7270

Re: [Xrdp-devel] Disabling the MIT-SHM extension for X11rdp

jsorg71
X11rdp does not read xorg.conf

You need to add
-extension MIT=SHM
to the arguments in sesman.ini
remember, you have to add it as 2 lines

Jay

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 8:27 AM, Koehler, Thomas
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I try to disable the use of the MIT-SHM extension by X11rdp to fix some problems with empty QT-frames in root-mode under Debian Wheezy.
>
> I've created the file /etc/X11/xorg.conf and added the following:
>
> Section "Extensions"
>         Option "MIT-SHM" "Disable"
> EndSection
>
> After a reboot the MIT-SHM extension is disabled in Xorg (verified via 'xdpyinfo') and the problem with the empty frames is fixed.
>
> But if I open a remote session via sesman-X11rdp to the machine the problem still exists and even 'xdpyinfo' shows that the MIT-SHM extension isn't disabled.
> It seems to me that X11rdp doesn't use my xorg.conf.
>
> Is that true and how can I disable the MIT-SHM extension?
>

> Thanks in advance
>
> Thomas
>
> Rovema GmbH
> Industriestr. 1, 35463 Fernwald, Germany
> Geschäftsführung: Dipl.-Ing. / MBA Thomas Becker
> Handelsreg.-Eintrag: Amtsger. Gießen, HRB 7270

Re: [Xrdp-devel] Disabling the MIT-SHM extension for X11rdp [SOLVED]

Koehler, Thomas
Great, this works!

After adding the lines:

param6=-extension
param7=MIT-SHM

to the [X11rdp] section of sesman.ini the MIT-SHM extension is definitly disabled and my QT-frames aren't empty anymore!

Thanks a lot,

Thomas