[Xrdp-devel] Compatibility with RDP terminal devices

[Xrdp-devel] Compatibility with RDP terminal devices

Kai Wetlesen
Hi,

Has this server stack been tested with an RDP-compatible terminal? I’m thinking of deploying something like this with a set of cheap Wyse Winterm sort of devices.

Thanks,
Kai

Re: [Xrdp-devel] Compatibility with RDP terminal devices

Gustavo Homem
Hi,

Wyse V10L works fine.

But you have to fully test before deploying. All terminal are different in terms of performance.

There are some terminals optimized for xrdp. Perhaps Jay can advise you on that.

Cheers
Gustavo

> Has this server stack been tested with an RDP-compatible terminal? I’m
> thinking of deploying something like this with a set of cheap Wyse Winterm
> sort of devices.
>
> Thanks,
> Kai

Re: [Xrdp-devel] Compatibility with RDP terminal devices

> Has this server stack been tested with an RDP-compatible terminal? I’m thinking of deploying something like this with a set of cheap Wyse Winterm sort of devices.

Yes, we do test quite a few devices.  You can not be sure until you
test.  The Linux based devices usually have better performance.
Prefer Linux xfreerdp derivative devices as the offscreen bitmaps work
better than rdesktop and mstsc.

Since xrdp is open source it can always be fix if it doesn't work for a device.