[Xrdp-devel] [Annouce] New release of X11rdp-o-Matic

[Xrdp-devel] [Annouce] New release of X11rdp-o-Matic

Kevin Cave
Greetings...

I've just released v3.10 of X11rdp-o-Matic.

Changes
-------------

The --bleeding-edge switch has been removed, in favour of a new --branch switch.

Added new package requirements for compilation

Generated packages (.deb) will be named according to the chosen branch.

Previously generated .deb packages will be removed before compilation

You can now use the --help switch without being root

Script tidy-ups
.

See the release annoucement post at : http://scarygliders.net/2014/03/19/x11rdp-o-matic-version-3-10-released/

As usual, feedback is considered valuable and appreciated :)

Best regards,

Kevin Cave.

Re: [Xrdp-devel] [Annouce] New release of X11rdp-o-Matic

Koichiro IWAO
Kevin, Thanks for your work.

Based on your work, I'm working on another X11RDP-o-Matic for Red Hat
based distributions.  Its name is to be determined but X11RDP-RH-Matic
is a candidate.  There's no public repository yet but I will publish
it on GitHub shortly. X11RDP-RH-Matic supports Amazon Linux 2013.09
and CentOS 6.5 for the meantime.

Anyway, X11RDP-RH-Matic is to be announced in a week.

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 11:47:24AM +0000, Kevin Cave wrote:

> Greetings...
>
> I've just released v3.10 of X11rdp-o-Matic.
>
> Changes
> -------------
>
> The *--bleeding-edge* switch has been removed, in favour of a new
> *--branch*switch.
>
> Added new package requirements for compilation
>
> Generated packages (.deb) will be named according to the chosen branch.
>
> Previously generated .deb packages will be removed before compilation
>
> You can now use the *--help* switch without being root
>
> Script tidy-ups.
>
> See the release annoucement post at :
> http://scarygliders.net/2014/03/19/x11rdp-o-matic-version-3-10-released/
>
> As usual, feedback is considered valuable and appreciated :)
>
> Best regards,
>
> Kevin Cave.

`whois vmeta.jp | nkf -w`
meta <[hidden email]>

Re: [Xrdp-devel] [Annouce] New release of X11rdp-o-Matic

Kevin Cave
Koichiro-san, hi

That sounds awesome! I had intended to - eventually - get o-matic working for Red Hat-based distros, but you know how things go...

For me it was always far easier to produce something like o-matic for Debian-based distros - I've mostly used Debian-based ones in the past and knew my way around the package manager pretty well. Red Hat-based distros on the other hand, I've not used as much (I had a brief flirtation with Mandriva a long time ago but went back to Debian).

Anyway, can't wait to see the RH version of it!

Best regards,

Kevin.

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 1:22 AM, Koichiro IWAO <[hidden email]> wrote:
Kevin, Thanks for your work.

Based on your work, I'm working on another X11RDP-o-Matic for Red Hat
based distributions.  Its name is to be determined but X11RDP-RH-Matic
is a candidate.  There's no public repository yet but I will publish
it on GitHub shortly. X11RDP-RH-Matic supports Amazon Linux 2013.09
and CentOS 6.5 for the meantime.

Anyway, X11RDP-RH-Matic is to be announced in a week.

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 11:47:24AM +0000, Kevin Cave wrote:
> Greetings...
>
> I've just released v3.10 of X11rdp-o-Matic.
>
> Changes
> -------------
>
> The *--bleeding-edge* switch has been removed, in favour of a new
> *--branch*switch.
>
> Added new package requirements for compilation
>
> Generated packages (.deb) will be named according to the chosen branch.
>
> Previously generated .deb packages will be removed before compilation
>
> You can now use the *--help* switch without being root
>
> Script tidy-ups.
>
> See the release annoucement post at :
> http://scarygliders.net/2014/03/19/x11rdp-o-matic-version-3-10-released/
>
> As usual, feedback is considered valuable and appreciated :)
>
> Best regards,
>
> Kevin Cave.

`whois vmeta.jp | nkf -w`
meta <[hidden email]>

Re: [Xrdp-devel] [Annouce] New release of X11rdp-o-Matic

Roger Mårtensson
Kevin Cave skrev 2014-03-19 12:47:
> Greetings...
>
> I've just released v3.10 of X11rdp-o-Matic.

Thank you for this script.

One question.
How much testing have you done with enabling sound? (--withsound)

Last I tried the script didn't pull some packages and didn't notice it
even compile the pulse-bits. Is this an area you haven't tested much?
(This was with branch 0.9.0)
It would've been nice to see the audio being done with the --justdoit
switch too. :)

I will try your last release some more times and see if I can give you
any feedback.

Re: [Xrdp-devel] [Annouce] New release of X11rdp-o-Matic

Kevin Cave
Roger, hi.

Honestly? I haven't tested it very much! Mostly due to time constraints as I'm busy with business life, other programming, and family life :)

However, someone submitted a pull request while I was working on the new version, so it was a bit of luck with the timing of it, as it added a dependency to the list of -dev packages to be installed when the --withsound switch is given...

--withsound)
      CONFIGUREFLAGS=$CONFIGUREFLAGS" --enable-simplesound"
      RequiredPackages=("${RequiredPackages[@]}" "libpulse-dev")

Note that o-matic is merely supplying the additional configure flags which are ultimately passed to the xrdp configure command. But yeah, I get what you're saying - the whole point of o-matic is that it's a front-end to building and installing xrdp and x11rdp - and as such should be concerning itself with making sure all necessary dependencies required to build whatever options are desired, are installed beforehand.

The additional "--with<blah>" switches are a recent addition to the functionality of o-matic, and frankly I should put way more thought into  it when adding them - but like I mentioned above, time is a luxury I can't afford at the moment. That's also one of the reasons I placed the project on github - so that other brains get the chance to make some input to the thing ;)

That seems to be working, as I'm increasingly getting more pull requests and fixes from other great people.

Anyway, I hope my answer was satisfactory :)

Best regards,

Kevin.

Re: [Xrdp-devel] [Annouce] New release of X11rdp-o-Matic

camerajunkie
> How much testing have you done with enabling sound? (--withsound) This didn't seem to work for me, but still attempted it anyways. > Last I tried the script didn't pull some packages and didn't notice it > even compile the pulse-bits. Is this an area you haven't tested much? > (This was with branch 0.9.0) > It would've been nice to see the audio being done with the --justdoit > switch too. :) >I will try your last release some more times and see if I can give you >any feedback. On Xubuntu 14.04 x64, I ended up doing sudo ./X11RDP-o-Matic.Sh --justdoit --withsound sudo ./RDPSesConfig.sh reboot followed this article from Jay, the packages you need will be in there - http://www.xrdp.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=19:xrdp-pulse-sink&catid=2:documents&Itemid=7 also get pavucontrol and paman (I like these packages a lot) reboot just for safe measure (not sure if it does anything) connect to xrdp session and attempt audio, if it doesn't work, just disconnect and reconnect. Regards, Eben ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Learn Graph Databases - Download FREE O'Reilly Book "Graph Databases" is the definitive new guide to graph databases and their applications. Written by three acclaimed leaders in the field, this first edition is now available. Download your free book today! http://p.sf.net/sfu/13534_NeoTech _______________________________________________ xrdp-devel mailing list [hidden email] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/xrdp-devel Kevin Cave skrev 2014-03-19 12:47: > Greetings... > > I've just released v3.10 of X11rdp-o-Matic. Thank you for this script. One question. How much testing have you done with enabling sound? (--withsound) Last I tried the script didn't pull some packages and didn't notice it even compile the pulse-bits. Is this an area you haven't tested much? (This was with branch 0.9.0) It would've been nice to see the audio being done with the --justdoit switch too. :) I will try your last release some more times and see if I can give you any feedback. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Learn Graph Databases - Download FREE O'Reilly Book "Graph Databases" is the definitive new guide to graph databases and their applications. Written by three acclaimed leaders in the field, this first edition is now available. Download your free book today! http://p.sf.net/sfu/13534_NeoTech _______________________________________________ xrdp-devel mailing list [hidden email] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/xrdp-devel Kevin Cave skrev 2014-03-19 12:47: > Greetings... > > I've just released v3.10 of X11rdp-o-Matic. Thank you for this script. One question. How much testing have you done with enabling sound? (--withsound) Last I tried the script didn't pull some packages and didn't notice it even compile the pulse-bits. Is this an area you haven't tested much? (This was with branch 0.9.0) It would've been nice to see the audio being done with the --justdoit switch too. :) I will try your last release some more times and see if I can give you any feedback. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Learn Graph Databases - Download FREE O'Reilly Book "Graph Databases" is the definitive new guide to graph databases and their applications. Written by three acclaimed leaders in the field, this first edition is now available. Download your free book today! http://p.sf.net/sfu/13534_NeoTech _______________________________________________ xrdp-devel mailing list [hidden email] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/xrdp-devel Kevin Cave skrev 2014-03-19 12:47: > Greetings... > > I've just released v3.10 of X11rdp-o-Matic. Thank you for this script. One question. How much testing have you done with enabling sound? (--withsound) Last I tried the script didn't pull some packages and didn't notice it even compile the pulse-bits. Is this an area you haven't tested much? (This was with branch 0.9.0) It would've been nice to see the audio being done with the --justdoit switch too. :) I will try your last release some more times and see if I can give you any feedback. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Learn Graph Databases - Download FREE O'Reilly Book "Graph Databases" is the definitive new guide to graph databases and their applications. Written by three acclaimed leaders in the field, this first edition is now available. Download your free book today! http://p.sf.net/sfu/13534_NeoTech _______________________________________________ xrdp-devel mailing list [hidden email] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/xrdp-devel

Sent from the XRDP Devel mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Re: [Xrdp-devel] [Annouce] New release of X11rdp-o-Matic

camerajunkie
Roger Mårtensson wrote
Kevin Cave skrev 2014-03-19 12:47:
> Greetings...
>
> I've just released v3.10 of X11rdp-o-Matic.

Thank you for this script.

One question.
How much testing have you done with enabling sound? (--withsound)

Last I tried the script didn't pull some packages and didn't notice it
even compile the pulse-bits. Is this an area you haven't tested much?
(This was with branch 0.9.0)
It would've been nice to see the audio being done with the --justdoit
switch too. :)

I will try your last release some more times and see if I can give you
any feedback.
On Xubuntu 14.04 x64, I ended up doing

sudo ./X11RDP-o-Matic.Sh --justdoit --withsound
sudo ./RDPSesConfig.sh

reboot

followed this article from Jay, the packages you need will be in there -

http://www.xrdp.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=19:xrdp-pulse-sink&catid=2:documents&Itemid=7

I also like pavucontrol (PulseAudio Volume Control) and paman (PulseAudio Manager/Device Chooser)